Vertical Accordion Web Part, designed and developed by Agiline, is a special purpose web part which presents the list data in a vertical tabbed format. This visual representation of the list data offers better visual appeal, as well as easy readability.
The Vertical Accordion web part reads the data from the custom list and displays it in the tab format. Users can read the description of a particular tab by clicking the tab title. The web part also offers the provision to select the list items that need to be displayed. By checking/unchecking the 'Show' checkbox, one can choose the list items to be displayed on the web part. The users can also alter the display order of the list items by setting appropriate value in the 'Display Order' field of the list item. This web part can be used with SharePoint 2013 & SharePoint 2010 all editions.
The list definition defines the data to be displayed on the Vertical Accordion web part, and the way in which it is displayed.
The following are the major features of Vertical Accordion web part:
- List data is displayed in a vertical tabbed fashion.
- The Display order can be set in the list definition.
- The list items to be displayed on the web part can be selected.
- Compatible with SharePoint 2010 Foundation, Standard and Enterprise versions.
Please follow the instructions given below to configure the Vertical Accordian web part.
1. Go to the page that displays the Vertical Accordion Web Part that you want to configure.
2. On the Site Actions menu, click Edit Page.
3. On the Vertical Accordion Web Part menu, click Edit Web Part.
4. Use the information in the following tables to configure the web part settings
Mention the Site URL which contains the Vertical AccordionCustom List.
· If Site URL is empty, it takes the URL of the website on which the web part is present.
· If you want to use the Site URL http://www.agiline.com/team/ , then specify the site URL as “/team/” without the domain name.
· If you want to use the Site URL http://www.agiline.com/, then specify the site URL as “/” without the domain name.
Specify the created vertical accordion list name.
Specify the Field Names as shown below. Separate the field names by semi colon.
5. Use the information in the following tables to configure the web part presentation
Title CSS Style:
Specify the Css style to be applied for the title.
Title Anchor Style:
Specify the Css style to be applied for the title anchor.
Description CSS Style:
Specify the Css style to be applied for the description.